Search This Blog

Jun 14, 2011

AU Spander Fic (Yet another series I need to start back up)

One of my older fics, no clue what happened to the punctuation, but here it is


Title: Prelude to War
Series: The Nireesa Chronicles
Author: Aerithika Romani (obiwan_jinn@yahoo.com)
Disclaimer: I don’t own them, I only play with them
Spoiler: Mid-Fifth season
Warning: A/U
Pairing: Xander/Spike
Rating: R
Summary: The battle for Nireesa is about to begin and Xander takes is consort.
Feedback: please, please, please

In the central chamber of the ancient palace, atop the holy cliff overlooking
the sacred valley, a council was called to discuss the calamity which
affected them all. The members of the Dravonan High Court and the members of
the Nasari High Court had not met in such a fashion in over a century.

The armies of the Outlanders were on the rise and had attacked the outer
reaches of the two kingdoms. With the leaders of the Dravonan and Nasari both
vacationing in the Earthrealm, the Outlanders decided to make their move.

Elizabeth Nightblade, Supreme Warrior of the Dravonan, paced the room,
fingers twisting through her long blond hair. With a deep sigh she sat and
stared at her Nasari counterpart, Graham Ambershine, who was listening
intently to the current speaker.

“I vote that we send someone to retrieve them,” Riley Whiteflame, High
Commander of the Nasari, said.

Shaking his long, dark-brown locks, Liam Rushwind, High Commander of the
Dravonan, said, “I agree. Who among you volunteers to go?”

Elizabeth stood, tears stinging her eyes and said, “I’ll go.”

Everyone knew why she was volunteering; it had been her younger sister, Dawn
Nightblade, Palace Muse for the Dravonan High Court, her last living
relative, whom Actavious, leader of the Outlanders, had taken as his first
prisoner.

William Silverrain, the Dravonan High Priest, stood and said, “I must prepare
a portal for you. Thankfully Supreme Lord Alexander Onyxnight has not moved
to far from where he went on vacation so I can get you pretty close to him.”

---

Spike sat in the Magic Box watching the others. Willow, Tara and Giles were
researching and Dawn was doing homework with the help of Buffy and Xander. As
Xander brushed a lock of hair off his forehead, Spike licked his lips,

No one knew the real reason why he was still in Sunnydale helping them. The
chip had shorted out less than a month after they installed it, when he was
staying in Xander’s basement, but he kept pretending it was active to stay
close to Xander. Lately he had been finding it increasingly difficult to
restrain himself from jumping the mortal when they were alone.

Xander reached over Spike’s shoulder to get something, his hand accidently
brushing across the vampire’s cheek. On its return path, Spike’s tongue
snaked out and left a wet trail over Xander’s palm. Brown eyes locked with
blue and Xander’s breath caught in his throat.

Sighing deeply, Spike broke eye contact and looked guiltily at his feet.
Xander walked back to Buffy and Dawn, confused at the blond vampire’s actions.

Spike stood and was about to leave when a young woman with long blond hair,
who looked a lot like Buffy, walked in the door. Her clothes looked like a
cross between middle ages fashion and some futuristic sci-fi movie. At her
hip was a deadly looking blade and she walked like a battle ready soldier.
She stopped in front of Xander and dropped to her knees, holding the blade
out handle side to Xander.

She stared at the blade and said with an accent Spike couldn’t place, “Your
Highness, I come baring bad news. Actavious had organized the Outlanders
against the Dravonan and Nasari Kingdoms.”

Xander’s eyes narrowed before he slammed his fist into the table. Taking a
deep breath he said, “Is he mad? How dare he break the peace treaties that
have been in place for over 500 years. What does Lady Silverfang have to say
about this outrage?”

“My Lord, Lady Silverfang is here in Earthrealm on vacation. We haven’t been
able to find her yet, as she has moved from her vacation spot.”

“I see. I think I might know where she is. Elizabeth, go get me my armor and
weapons. We must get her. Bring a retrieval team as well.”

“Of course, Sir. Shall I bring a suit of armor for you consort as well?”

Raising his eyebrow, Xander asked, “What consort do you speak of, Elizabeth?
I have no consort yet and you know it. I am far too young to worry about such
a thing.”

“I am sorry, Sir. I just thought since the vampire has a great attachment to
you that he was your consort. Please forgive me my error. I meant no offense,
Sir.”

Xander turned to Spike with an amused gleam in his eyes, “Does my Supreme
Warrior speak the truth, Spike? Do you have a great attachment to me?”

If Spike had been able to blush he would have. Looking down at his feet he
said, “Yeah I do Whelp. Have for a long time now.”

Xander lifted Spike’s face so he could look him in the eye and asked, “Why
didn’t you say anything? I wouldn’t have turned you away.”

“I thought you’d laugh at me because you hate me.”

“I don’t hate you Spike, I’ve never hated you. Sure you annoy the hell out of
me sometimes, but then again so do all my friends,” Xander said before giving
him a soft kiss. Pulling back he asked, “Will you be my consort and follow me
into battle? Will you stand by my side no matter what the outcome of the war
is?”

“God yes, Xander. I’d follow you wherever you’d ask me to go. I’d follow you
to hell and back. I’d be honored to be your consort.”

Smiling, Xander turned to Elizabeth, “Make that two sets of armor. I want a
few Nasari on that retrieval team, probably their High Commander and Supreme
Warrior. I’ll need stun blades and a teleportation device, Go, return when
you have what I’ve asked for.”

Elizabeth bowed deeply and said, “Of course, Lord Onyxnight. I shall return
with what you’ve asked for.” She activated a small device she held in her
hand and ran through the portal it made.

As soon as she got back to the palace Elizabeth went to the armory. She
gathered weapons and Lord Onyxnight’s armor, plus a set for his consort. She
hurried to the central meeting chamber and announced, “I need a retrieval
team. Lord Onyxnight wants Commander Whiteflame and Sir Ambershine on it.
I’ll be going as well but I think we’ll need two more people.”

William Silverrain said, “Count me in. You’ll probably need me to do the
teleporting spells anyway.”

Commander Rushwind stood, “I’m going as well.”

The two High Commanders, two Supreme Warriors and Dravonan High Priest went
to suit up. As soon as they were ready, William began opening the portal to
the Earthrealm.

---

As soon as Elizabeth teleported away the questions began.

“What was that all about?” Buffy asked.

“My homeworld, Nireesa, is under attack and I am going to stop it. Elizabeth
is the Supreme Warrior of my kingdom, Dravona. We are going to retrieve Lady
Silverfang of the Nasari. I have to make a phone call,” Xander said walking
to the phone.

He dialed a number and said to the person answering, “I need to talk to
Angel, it’s important.”

After waiting a few minutes he said, “Angel. Hi it’s Xander. Where is Faith
being held? I need to talk to her. Okay, talk to you later. Bye.”

Hanging up the phone he walked to Spike. He hoped the retrieval team would be
there soon.

---

The phone began to ring and Wesley answered it. The familiar male voice asked
for Angel and he went to get him.

After Angel hung up the phone, Wesley asked, “What was that about?”

“Xander needs to talk to Faith about something. He said he’d be here soon and
I told her I’d take him to her. He wouldn’t say what was going on though.”

“I wonder what could be so important for Xander to want to see Faith. Those
two do have a bad history if I remember correctly.”

“Yes they do.”

Cordelia walked in and asked, “Who are the two of you talking about?”

Angel shook his head before answering, “Xander is coming here so I can take
him to see Faith.”

---

A portal opened in the Magic Box and the five Nireesans stepped out.
Elizabeth walked over to Xander and handed him his armor and a suit for Spike.

Nodding at her, Xander walked to the training room, Spike close behind.
Closing the door, Xander took off his shirt and was about to take off his
jeans when he saw Spike watching him. As Spike licked his lips, Xander closed
the distance between them, twining his fingers into Spike’s short blond hair.
Their lips met and Spike ran his hands down Xander's back. His hands traveled
into the back of Xander’s jeans and he moaned as Xander bit down gently on
his lip. Xander pulled off Spike’s shirt and undid his jeans.

Spike stepped out of his jeans and stood naked in front of Xander. Xander
quickly took off the rest of his clothes and wrapped his arms around his
consort. Both knew they were pressed for time and as they kissed they set a
fast rhythm of thrusts against each other.

Spike bit down on Xander’s neck and the dark haired man came with a loud
groan. Spike let himself go and came with a loud growl.

After giving Spike another kiss and using his t-shirt to clean them both up
Xander began to put on his self molding armor. He watched in amusement as
Spike put his own on. The look on the vampire’s face when the armor started
molding itself to fit him perfectly was priceless.

Walking back out to the others, Xander and Spike took the blades that
Elizabeth held out for them and said their goodbyes to their human friends.

---

Cordelia looked over when she heard footsteps coming towards her. She saw
Xander and Spike and five others dressed in vaguely military style clothing
walking to her. She noticed that each carried some type of blade and all but
the man with long, honey blond hair, carried some sort of gun.

“Where’s Angel?” Xander asked.

“I’m right here. What’s with the outfit, Xander?”

Elizabeth snarled at him, “Watch your tone with Lord Onyxnight, vampire.”

Xander put his hand on her arm and said, “Stand down, Elizabeth. The same
goes for the rest of you. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, Sir,” the five said in unison.

“Good. Now Angel, I want you to tell me where Faith is. I am not taking no
for an answer. Got it?”

Angel wondered why Xander had changed so much since the last time he had seen
him. He watched Spike standing very close to Xander, a huge smirk on his
face. Angel gave him a questioning look when he smelled him on Xander.

“Well Deadboy, you know where she is?”

Angel told him where she was.

William said, “I have a lock on her, Sir. We could teleport in, retrieve her
and teleport back.”

Xander looked at the two Nasari and said, “Whiteflame, Ambershine, go in,
grab her, return here.”

“Yes, Sir,” they both answered.

As they teleported out William and Liam went and stood over by the desk,
Elizabeth began pacing and Spike and Xander sat down on the steps fingers
intertwined. Every so often Spike would shot Angel a ‘you know you want to
know what’s going on’ look.

Angel, Wesley and Cordelia were baffled by what was going on around them.

---

A portal opened and Faith and the two called Whiteflame and Ambershine
stepped out. Faith walked over to Xander and gave him a quick hug. She then
walked over to Elizabeth and said, “We will get her back, Elizabeth. Your
sister will be fine.”

It was then that Angel looked closely at the five people Xander and Spike had
brought with them. The one called Whiteflame looked almost identical to Riley
Finn, the dark haired one he had heard being called Rushwind looked like him,
the honey blond man looked like Spike had before he had been turned and
Elizabeth was almost identical to Buffy. The only one he couldn’t place was
Ambershine.

Ambershine and Whiteflame fell in behind Faith while the others did the same
behind Xander and Spike before they walked through a newly opened portal.

---

Silence filled the Magic Box the minute the seven people had left and still
lingered heavily in the air. Buffy sat watching the clock and sighed in
relief when the portal reopened. All seven had returned safely with the
addition of Faith.

Xander approached her. “Buffy, we could really use your help. Will you come
to Nireesa with us and help stop this war? Actually I was hoping that you
three would come as well,” he said motioning at Giles, Willow and Tara.

“Of course we’ll help, Xander. You’re our friend,” Buffy said as the others
nodded their agreement.

“What about me?” Dawn asked.

“You can stay at the palace. I’m sure Muse Dawnflame won’t mind keeping you
company,” Faith said with a smile.

That settled, William opened the portal and they began going through. As the
final one had entered and the portal closed behind them Anya walked into the
empty Magic Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment